LOBSTER SALAD WITH FENNEL, CHILE, AND LEMON ON BUTTERED TOASTS
In Boston, MA, Dave Matthews Band and his crew enjoyed Chef Fiona’s delicious Lobster Salad with Fennel, Chile and Lemon on Buttered Toasts. Try recipe a home paired with the Dreaming Tree’s Sauvignon Blanc.
Makes 12 toasts
- 1 stalk Celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small Fennel, thinly sliced
- 1/2-1 Fresno Chile or Jalapeno, seeds and stem removed, fine dice
- 1/2 large Lemon, juiced (1-2 Tbsp)
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 lb Lobster, steamed*, meat removed, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 c High Quality Mayonnaise
- 1/2 bunch Scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Soft Italian-style Baguette
- 1/4 c Butter, melted
- In a small bowl, mix celery, fennel, chile, lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to marinate.
- In a medium bowl, gently mix lobster, mayonnaise and scallions. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Slice bread into 3/4 inch thick slices.
- Dip top of bread into melted butter.
- Lay on sheet tray.
- When ready to serve, heat oven to 450° and lightly toast bread, about 5 minutes.
- Place a spoonful of lobster on warm toast, transfer to serving platter and top with fennel salad.
- Serve immediately.