GRILLED SHRIMP WITH BLACKENED GARLIC BUTTER
In Atlanta, GA, Chef Fiona served up Grilled Wild American Shrimp with Blackened Garlic Butter for Dave Matthews Band and Crew. Try this recipe at home paired with the Dreaming Tree Pinot Noir.
1 lb Wild American Shrimp, 16/20 size, defrosted, peeled and deveined
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 Tbsp Butter
3 cloves Garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp Blackening or Cajun Seasoning, or to taste
½ large Lemon, juiced (1-2 Tbsp)
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tbsp chopped Parsley
- 1 lb Wild American Shrimp, 16/20 size
- 8 Skewers
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Blackening or Cajun Seasoning
- ½ large Lemon
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp chopped Parsley
- Soak skewers in water.
- Using 2 skewers per serving, skewer 4-5 shrimp one alongside the other, so they remain flat on grill. Return to refrigerator until ready to grill.
- Place butter in a small saucepan over low heat, when melted add garlic and blackening seasoning.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until the garlic is fragrant and soft.
- Remove from heat, stir in Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little oil.
- Grill shrimp for 4-5 minutes per side, until opaque and lightly charred.
- Transfer to platter, top with garlic butter and sprinkle with parsley.
- Can be served on or off the skewers.