GINGER-LIME OATCAKES WITH FRESH PEACHES AND CREAM
We've got one more recipe you won't want to miss - Chef Fiona's Ginger-Lime Oatcakes with Fresh Peaches and Cream is the perfect finishing touch to this year's Recipes from the Road. Try this recipe at home paired with the Dreaming Tree Pinot Noir.
Serves 12 people
Peaches and Cream
- 4 ripe organic peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tbs. sugar
- 1 c. organic heavy whipping cream, chilled (or 1 c. plain greek yogurt)*
- 2 tbs. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. all-purpose flour*
- 1 c. oat flour
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 tbs. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- zest of 1 lime
- 8 tbs. butter, cold, cut into pieces*
- 1 1/4 c. + 2 tbs. milk*
- 1 tbs. sugar plus 1 tsp. ginger, mixed, set aside
*Can use gluten free or dairy free alternatives here.
Peaches and Cream:
- Mix together peaches, lime juice and sugar and set aside.
- Whisk cream until it begins to thicken, add sugar.
- Continue until soft peaks form, gently whisk in vanilla (if using yogurt just whisk in sugar and vanilla).
- Set aside in refrigerator. When ready to serve if cream has fallen, whisk a few times until the soft peaks return.
- Pre-heat oven to 450°.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, ginger and salt, until combined.
- Add lime zest and butter. Cut butter into the flour until incorporated and has the consistency of coarse meal by rubbing with fingers, pulsing with a food processor, or cutting with pastry knives or forks.
- Add 1 1/4 c. of milk and gently stir until just mixed.
- Using a spoon, drop dough, about 2 tbs. onto a sheet tray lined with parchment paper; should have 12 cakes.
- Brush remaining 2 tbs. of milk on top of biscuits, sprinkle generously with ginger-sugar mix.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool.
To serve, cut biscuits in half horizontally. Place bottom half on serving plate, spoon on peaches with their liquid, then a dollop of cream and gently place other half of biscuit on top.