FRESH GINGER PUDDING WITH CHERRY-LIME SAUCE
In New York City, NY, Dave Matthews Band and crew enjoyed a sweet treat prepared by Chef Fiona, Fresh Ginger Pudding with Cherry-Lime Sauce. Try this recipe at home paired with the Dreaming Tree Crush Red Blend.
Makes 4-6 servings
- 2 c Half and Half, divided
- 1 thumb fresh Ginger, peeled and grated or finely chopped
- 1/2 c plus 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 2 Tbsp plus 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 c Cherries, pitted and chopped, with any juices*
- 1 Lime, zest and juice (to equal 2-3T)
- Place 1 3/4 c half and half, ginger and 1/2 c sugar in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining half and half, egg yolks and 2T cornstarch until fully incorporated.
- Increase heat to medium, add egg mixture to saucepan and whisk constantly until quite thick with bubbles just beginning to come to the surface.
- Remove from heat, whisk in butter and vanilla extract.
- Strain mixture. Pour into 4-6 small bowls or ramekins. Chill until cold.
- While puddings cool, prepare sauce. In a small bowl mix together lime juice and remaining cornstarch.
- In a small saucepan, put cherries, lime zest and 2T sugar over medium heat. Stir in cornstarch mixture and heat until bubbling and thickened.
- Set aside and cool.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle cookie crumbs over pudding, then top with sauce.
*Can use frozen if fresh is not available.