CHEF FIONA’S JALAPENO, BEER AND SPICED MARINATED GRILLED CHICKEN
In Noblesville, IN, Chef Fiona spiced up the menu by preparing her Jalapeño, Beer and Spiced Marinated Grilled Chicken for Dave Matthews Band and crew. Try this recipe at home paired with the Dreaming Tree Chardonnay.
Serves 4 people
- 1 yellow onion, rough chop
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1-2 jalapeños, seeds removed (optional, depending on how much spice you like)
- 1 12 oz. beer, dark is preferable
- 1/4 c. lime juice
- 1/4 c. coconut oil
- 2 tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs. maple syrup
- 1/4 c. parsley leaves, picked, rough chop
- 1 tbs. thyme leaves, picked
- 2 tbs. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. allspice
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 whole chicken, organic, free-range, locally grown (if available), cut up (breast cut in 2 across breast), or 8 favorite bone-in chicken pieces
Blend all ingredients in blender.
- Take 1/2 of marinade and pour over chicken parts, mix well and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Reserve remainder of marinade.
- Take chicken out of refrigerator an hour before cooking and let it come to room temperature.
- Pre-heat grill to medium.*
- Discard used marinade.
- Place chicken on grill, rotate after 10 minutes.
- Cook for at least another 15 minutes or so, turning chicken once more, until the juices run clear and the chicken is cooked through (you can use meat thermometer or feel free to cut into the chicken to check).
- While the chicken is resting, take reserved marinade and transfer to a small pot, simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve chicken with sauce on the side.
*As an alternative, you can roast chicken at 450° for 25-30 minutes.