BROWN SUGAR AND FIVE SPICE RUBBED PORK CHOPS
In Camden, Chef Fiona cooked up her savory Brown Sugar and Five Spice Rubbed Pork Chops with Roasted Pineapple and Green Onions for @Dave Matthews Band and crew. At home, we recommend pairing this recipe with the Dreaming Tree Crush.
- 4 1 inch bone-in pork chops
- 1-2 tbs. canola
- 3 tbs. brown sugar
- 1 tbs. plus 1 tsp. Chinese five spice
- 1 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 pineapple, diced
- 1/2 c. green onion, sliced
- 2 tbs. canola
- 2 tbs. cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbs. lime juice
- 2 tsp. sriracha, more if you like
- 2 extra spice (optional)
- 2 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Drizzle canola on chops and liberally rub with the spice mix. Let sit for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat grill or pan (preferably cast iron) over medium heat.
- Sear each side of the pork for 4-5 minutes, until both sides are caramelized and the juices run clear. If the pan smokes too much, turn the heat down.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Toss pineapple and green onion with canola, salt, and pepper.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes until lightly brown and softened. Transfer to bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until incorporated.
- Set aside, keep warm.